Gainesville, FL Probate Trial Attorney
Attorney Casey C. Harrison is a sympathetic and savvy probate attorney with nearly a decade of experience first working within, and later arguing in front of, Florida’s circuit and appellate courts. He applies this versatile background and inside-out understanding of Florida litigation to assist you with your most complicated probate matters in a comprehensive fashion.
Attorney Harrison is part of a closely connected family, joining his brother Attorney McCabe Harrison in the family practice in 2020. Before that, he spent seven years working for a litigation firm in Clearwater, Florida, honing his ability to take cases to court and win arguments before judges. He has a range of experience in probate and related areas like family law and complex civil litigation, which helps him approach your probate case from a practical all-around perspective. He also helps families create estate plans and administer deceased loved ones’ trusts or estates in ways that account for their needs to limit or even avoid going to court at all.
Casey knows how deeply personal probate troubles are. He gives all his clients a sympathetic ear and a keen eye for detail. He will never inject unnecessary drama or emotion into a case. Instead, he provides his clients honest assessments of their situations and makes efficient use of time and resources to resolve probate and guardianship matters with as little conflict as possible.
Casey was born and raised in Gainesville, Florida. While his professional life took him to the Tampa Bay area for several years after law school, he is happy to return home to where his father still teaches as a law professor at the University of Florida. In addition to his law degree from the University of Florida, Casey also received a Masters in Sports Management and a Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology from the same school.
Family is deeply important to Casey. He is happily married with two children and two dogs. When he is not working, he enjoys traveling with his family and completing projects with his kids, from science projects to building a treehouse. He is also the author and illustrator of two children’s books: “From the Universe to You” and “The Shadow Parade”.
Attorney Casey C. Harrison, At a Glance
- Florida Bar Association (2010)
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida (2020)
- Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division
- 501(c)(3) Tampa Bay Area Chiefs of Police Education and Research Foundation, Inc. (Legal Counsel) — 2015 - 2020
- Florida Bar Sixth Circuit Grievance Committee (Attorney Member) — 2018 - 2020
- Clearwater Bar Association (Board of Directors) — 2019 - 2020
- City of Safety Harbor Library Advisory Committee (Chair) — 2018 – 2020
- Harrison Estate Law, P.A. (Partner) — 2020 - present
- Dreyfus Harrison, P.A. (Partner) — 2013 - 2020
- Florida Second District Court of Appeal (Senior Central Staff Attorney) — 2011 - 2013
- Third Judicial Circuit of Florida (Law Clerk) — 2010 - 2011
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) — University of Florida - Frederic G. Levin College of Law (2010)
- Masters in Sports Management — University of Florida College of Human Health and Performance (2010)
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Anthropology — University of Florida (2006)